A Richmond tradition
2018 is the 34th anniversary of Friday Cheers, the longest-running and largest event of its kind in RVA, showcasing some of the nation’s hottest touring bands and some all-time regional favorites. The only summer concert series held along the James River, Cheers draws 3,000-6,000 people per week to Richmond’s picturesque Brown’s Island, a park-like setting situated between the Canal Walk and the scenic James River.
There are three entry points to Brown’s Island, and payment will be taken at each. Cash, Visa and MasterCard are accepted. Debit and credit cards are only taken at two entry points: the pedestrian bridge at 5th and 7th streets. No pets are allowed. Children 12 and under are free.
Produced by Venture Richmond Events, LLC. For more information, call (804) 788-6466.
Season Passes $40 from March 6-April 1—-$55 after April 1.
- May 4: Valerie June with Devon Gilfillian
- May 11: Tank and the Bangas with Sweet Crude
- May 25: RVA Music Night featuring Richmond bands: Butcher Brown, Dharma Bombs and Piranha Rama
- June 1: Tyler Childers with Saw Black
- June 8: Rhiannon Giddens with No BS! Brass Band
- June 15: Parquet Courts with Gauche
- June 22: Knower with Kenneka Cook
- June 29: Turnpike Troubadours with Charley Crockett
As part of the Festival of the River. Both bands performing with the Richmond Symphony.